Family Connect 2017 will be held on Saturday May 6th!
Join us for a fun-filled day of community services, games, entertainment, and food! Family Connect is an opportunity for families and youth to be introduced to community services including but not limited to housing/shelter, health care, counseling services, employment support, legal support, food, low-income childcare, and more!
In 2016, Family Connect brought together 65 service organizations and 130 community volunteers to provide 140 families (nearly 250 children and adults) with housing, employment, childcare, medical, vision, behavioral health, benefit support, legal services; food, clothing, and more!
• 307 housing referrals were provided
• 8 housing placements
• 187 same-day medical services were provided, including vision screenings, immunizations, full physical exams, mammograms, blood pressure monitoring, and HIV testing
• 70 pairs of free glasses were provided to children and adults.
• 228 community medical referrals were made
• 150 Behavioral Health and Recovery/Treatment referrals were provided
• Approximately 87 people benefited from legal advisement
• 66 Job Referrals and 46 Job Training referrals
• 40 WIC applications/referrals and 25 SNAP applications
• 79 Low-cost/subsidized childcare and Youth Programming referrals were provided
Thank you to all of our community partners, sponsors, and volunteers for making the event possible!
Family Connect needs the help of over 100 volunteers to help in a variety of ways including; food and clothing distribution, courtesy patrol, intake, event set-up and breakdown, etc. There are multiple shift opportunities to accommodate different schedules. Click here to register as a Volunteer.
Interested in having your church, corporation, or civic organization volunteer as a group? Please email info@NevadaHomelessAlliance.org for more information.
Share our flyer!
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-743-1487 for sponsorship materials.
Connect Store Donors
Please contact Charlene Falkner at email@example.com or 702-324-8151 for drop-off and pick-up information.
*Please allow 24 hours for a return call or email.
**Contributions to the Nevada Homeless Alliance are tax deductible as provided by law. If you have any questions about the value of your contribution, kindly contact your tax advisor. For donation receipts, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-743-1487.